Thursday 9 April 2015

Please sponsor me!

I get a lot of requests for sponsorship throughout the year and I'm often surprised by the quality of the emails and the lack of any real information. So this got me thinking, what does it take to get sponsored? Here are my top 10 tips to get past my delete button.

1/ Tell me something about yourself. Obviously I need to know about your cycling activities as that’s the point of the e-mail, but a little something extra helps to build a picture about yourself.

2/ Send me a proper e-mail, not just a couple of sentences from your phone.

3/ Please use correct spelling and grammar, I can’t take you seriously if you use text speak.

4/ nobody likes the ‘comic sans’ font or 'word art'...

5/ Include the links to all your social media accounts as we need to check out if your on-line footprint is as big as you say it is.

6/ Include your past race results and also a statement of your future intent, and please include a link to roots and rain helps if you have a racing bias.

7/ Include your current sponsors and what you do currently to promote them.

8/ Tell me why you think you should be sponsored? Tip, just saying ‘I will tell all my mates how good brand X is’ is not enough!

9/ Please don’t speak negatively about other brands, as how do I know you won’t do the same about ours?

10/ Always think about what you can do for us, not what we can do for you.

If in the event you are successful in sponsorship your commitment doesn't stop there, it’s an on-going two-way relationship that we take this very seriously.

Lastly, sponsorship is a privilege, never a right, train hard and always give back to the sport and those who support you.

this could be you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment